- The gala dinner will be held on Wednesday at the Jeanne Laurent space located near the Palais des Papes in the garden of Rocher des Doms. This site was the space of the former water tanks of Avignon (nineteenth century) and has 4 naves separated by stone arches. A bay window offers a panoramic view of the Rhône, the St. Bénezet Bridge and Villeneuve-lez-Avignon.
- Social activities will take place on Wednesday afternoon. During the registration process, you can choose one of the following activities: a guided tour of Avignon; a visit of both the Palais des Papes (Popes’ palace) and Pont Saint-Bénezet (Saint-Bénezet bridge); a self-tour of Collection Lambert and Musée du Petit Palais; a visit to the Domaine de la Chapelle at Châteauneuf-de-Gadagne; discovery of the town of Les Baux-de-Provence;
a canoe trip on the Sorgue river (between Fontaine de Vaucluse and Isle sur la Sorgue).
1) Discovery of the historic town (guided tour) : With its ramparts, monuments, beautiful building fronts of private mansions, typical streets, little squares and churches, Avignon will surprise you by the richness and diversity of its heritage! Duration: about 2 hours.
2) Coupled tour Popes’ palace / Bridge Saint-Bénezet : Discover two witnesses from Avignon history (world Heritage of UNESCO): the Palace of the Popes, the biggest Gothic palace of the Occident, and also the history of St. Bénezet Bridge and its legend.
3) Self-tour of Collection Lambert and Petit Palais museum: Immerse yourself into the Contemporary Art Collection Lambert reflecting the great art movements of our time (Minimal art, Conceptual art, Land art, painting 80s, video and photography for 90) and visit the Petit Palais museum with an outstanding collection of Italian and Provencal paintings from the late 13th to the early 16th centuries, and with a collection of Romanesque and Gothic Avignon sculptures.
4) Visit to the Domaine de la Chapelle at Châteauneuf-de-Gadagne : Discover the Domaine de la Chapelle (old novitiate of the Jesuits of Avignon of the XVII ° century) during a guided tour of the cellar in the company of Sylvain Boussier, winemaker and Doctor in Computer Science. You will have a guided tour of the winery with explanations on the methods of vinification and winemaking, a tasting of the cuvées produced (red, white and rosé) and make a walk through the nearby vineyards. Duration: about 2H30, including 1 hour with the shuttle coach.
5) Discovery of the Baux-de-Provence : Located in the heart of the Alpilles on a rocky plateau, the city of Les Baux de Provence dominates Arles and the Camargue and offers breathtaking panoramic views. The village, classified and labeled as “one of the most beautiful villages in France”, has a rich heritage of 22 historical monuments: church, castle, town hall, hospital, chapels, houses, doors … You will visit the village and the castle. Duration: about 4 hours, including a 2 hours with the shuttle coach.
6) Canoe trip on the Sorgue river Full: Discover the beautiful scenery offered by the Sorgue during a canoe descent from Fontaine de Vaucluse (base: canoe evasion) to Isle sur la Sorgue. A suitable outfit (water shoes, shorts, tee-shirt, swimsuit), a towel and spare clothes are recommended. Duration: about 3H30, including 1H30 with the shuttle coach.